Good Morning Loved Ones!
Well, what a turn of events this week! Here we are loving Jesus with all our kids and family in our homes – some with jobs – some without – trusting God has us securely in His hands!!! We can trust Him to carry us through this difficult time without fear or trepidation! We have a secure hope! We know the outcome! We know Who has the answer! We will have fun in the process!!
Tomorrow, gather your whole family together in front of your computer (hook up to your TV if you can!) and worship with us at 10:30 using FaceBook Live! Just log into FaceBook, go to my page – Susan Haines or Sheneigne Cummings – and watch it! We will try to display song words and powerpoint slides as we go so you can fully participate!!! Turn it up!!! This is a great time to dance in His presence without being self-conscious! If you danced in the world – why not praise the Lord with the dance too! If you don’t sing that great – who cares!!! You can be as comfy as you want too!! Please let us know you are there by commenting at least once. We will probably be doing our service this way next week too – until we get the release from our Governor or President. We support them – trying to protect us!
Well, because of the stay away from people and stay home orders, you may have questions about what we are going to do this week!
Well, our church offices will be open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 to 12:00 to receive offerings, phone calls, and prayer requests. If you have a need, please let us know!!! We can probably find a roll of TP somewhere! (LOL)
No service on Wednesday night.
More Than Enough is still in full swing. This week we served over 70 boxes in the drive through under the back awning. We will do this again this week – the hours are 10:00 to 1:00 on Thursday. Please let anyone that has a need, know that the income restrictions have been removed during this “crisis”. If you have a temporary need – come on! You will stay in your car and be served without too much interaction. We have a small team that is preparing boxes to be given away – and you are welcome to them!
If you have been saving your change for YOUR CHANGE MAKES A CHANGE – keep saving it! Your kids need to know that you trust God for all your needs – and this change is serving others through the food pantry! We will gather it all in when we come back together corporately or you can drop it off at the office.
What about your regular tithes and offerings? Well, you can drop them off between 9 and 12, mail it to 677 S. Dickinson Dr. Rusk TX 75785 or give on-line at www.riveroflife-church.org or you can tuck it away for our next corporate service. Your choice!!
Our Garage Sale is roving again! When the leadership team is free to meet again, we will hunt for another open date. But, this may be a great time for you to get your kids to help go through those cupboards and garage to find the stuff you want to donate! Man, this is going to be some garage sale!!! Maybe we will pay off the roof!!
Pray. Man what better time than now to pray for each other, our nation, those with covid-19, those that have lost their jobs, our President and Governor, and yourself! Please pray for Pastor David as he has Bell’s Palsy that came on him this week. So, to look at him you will notice half of his face is slack – almost “stroke” appearing, and it is affecting his speech a little. There is a little pain in his jaw as well and a headache – so keep him lifted up too!
If you need to communicate with me – please use this email address or text me at 903-948-1135 and be sure to include your name! I will get back to you asap!!!
If you have kids, I want to give you some tips – from a grandmother – to help get you through this time of constant contact!!!
1. Set a schedule. Kids thrive and are more secure when they can anticipate what is upcoming. Make everyone get up by a certain time and have a few planned activities each day. Free time is great – for a while – but they will get bored and into trouble – and on your last nerve!!
2. Check out this website for short (15 minutes or so) teachings from Life Church. www.life.church/kids These are separated into age groups, so find the one that is best for your family. Discuss them with your little ones. Get interactive and promote higher thinking!
3. Set up a reading time. Let them act it out – or read aloud and paraphrase the story – change it to reflect their own lives – or pick a time period and modify it! (use “thee and thou” or hip language!) Let the older kids read to the younger – or let the younger read and the older coach them. Draw a picture about some phase of the story. Make a picture book of the story. Get creative!
4. I saw a scavenger hunt on FaceBook yesterday. Why not make one of your own! The whole family can be involved!
5. How about an obstacle course through your house!? Put out those pillows to jump into or over, walk on a skinny line, under the table, over the foot stool, through the back door, into the front door, drink a full glass of water, eat two cheerios, etc. and time them! Make it a race – maybe in teams? Have fun with it!
6. Watch a good movie together. Dress up for it! Or dress like the characters do! Or promote the theme however you can!
7. Make cookies or another treat together! Let the kids enjoy and appreciate the effort and reward in cooking!
8. What craft did you intend to do at Christmas that you never got to? Making ornaments? Snowflakes? Gingerbread houses? Sugar cookies? Make your house a winter wonderland for the day!
9. Do a jigsaw puzzle as a family! Let the little ones help find the edges. Let them put the pieces in that you find. Take a picture of it or tape it onto a board and enjoy it for days!
10. Look online for science experiments that aren’t too messy!
11. Check out your school’s website. I understand many of them are putting classwork for you to accomplish too! The longer we are out of school, the more you will need to teach them at home. Not a teacher? Think again! We are all teachers in how we act and what we say. Now it is just a little more focused! Enjoy it! Be creative! It will give you something to do too and you can really enjoy your youngsters. HE will help you!
Any other events we have announced are on hold until further notice!
Love you and can’t wait to see you and be free to hug your neck!!!